A craving for white chocolate chai creme brulee


Give me a few short hours with my earphones, a good book and a never ending supply of these creme brulee's and I will become one happy girl.

Delicate flavours of cinnamon, star anise, cardamom and white chocolate baked in tiny pots and encased in burnt sugar...

... I would stop at two, If I could.


These is literally no time to relax these past few weeks and I am impatiently waiting for my 2-week holiday soon. I'm jumping in my shoes.


In the mean time I'll leave you with this song that I have been cooking to and a recipe that I have been making for dessert.

xo.


White chocolate chai creme brulee

Ingredients
  • 5 large egg yolks
  • 60g caster sugar
  • 500ml heavy cream
  • 1 star anise
  • 2 cardamom pods, crushed
  • 1/2 cinnamon stick
  • 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
  • 100g white chocolate, chopped
  • sugar to caramelize
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
  2. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks until combined.
  3. Meanwhile, place the cream, star anise, cardamom pods, cinnamon, vanilla beans and the seeds into a medium sized pot and bring to a light simmer.
  4. Remove from the heat and add the white chocolate, stirring until melted.
  5. Pour the cream mixture in a medium stream to the eggs, whisking continuously to combine.
  6. Pour into 6 ramekins (depending on size).
  7. Place in a large roasting dish an pour enough water in the dish to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
  8. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
  9. Cool and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
  10. Cover the tops generously with sugar and use a torch to lightly caramelize the tops.s
  11. Serve chilled.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your creme brulee looks and sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blueberrykitchen- thank you! I hope you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! Can't wait to try making it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. al- thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete