Lots of baking and a chocolate mousse and cherry shortbread tart


This month was full of sugar, butter and flour, a very busy week. Lots of baking and lots of eating, as always.

I made lots of things... chocolate mousse and cherry tart, hazelnut spiced coconut muffins, chocolate cream cake with lots of berries, a simple nectarine sorbet and a little carrot and pumpkin soup.


Of course, I couldn't eat as much. I'm still on my detox diet and it's been good. I fell healthier and more energetic.

Energetic meaning I could go on a baking marathon. Being covered in sugar and flour and washing lots of dishes is not my favourite thing but in the end it's worth it.



I've been also amazed by these cherries, so amazed that I had to post them on Instagram (I think they're Ranier). It's the first time I tried them but I have to say that their very sweet despite that they're orange/yellow. It's very hard to get hands on cherries like these over here.

I used my favourite tart crust, very crumbly with a simple whipped ganache, cherries and grated chocolate. Delicious.



I made a flavourful little carrot and lentil soup for lunch a few days ago. Everyone loved it!

Very delicious and also nutritious.



The vegetable garden (fortunately still alive) is almost ready to harvest. The carrots were done and went into the soup. I planted some sprouts last week and I'm amazed on how fast they grow.

I don't know what I might make with them, perhaps a savoury tart?

I'll leave you with 1 recipe (the tart)... the soup, cake and muffin which I'm leaving for later. Have a great Monday!







  Chocolate mousse and cherry tart

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups plain flour
  • 1/2 cup (125g) icing sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp (20g) dutch cocoa powder
  • 115g butter, cubed and chilled
  • 1 large egg
  • 300g cream
  • 300g milk couverture chocolate (I used Callebaut)
  • cherries and chocolate to garnish
Directions
  1. In a large food processor blitz the flour, icing sugar, salt and cocoa powder until there are no lumps.
  2. Blitz in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and blitz further until it comes together.
  3. Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
  4. Once chilled, roll the dough to 2mm in thickness. Place the pastry into a greased tart tin. Pierce with a fork and cover with aluminium. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes. Cool completely.
  6. Meanwhile bring the cream to a light simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until all melted. Refrigerate until cool. Whisk until it reaches medium peaks.
  7. Spread the whipped ganache into the tart shell. Top with cherries and grated chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment