A craving for moist chocolate cupcakes


As you might know, I love cupcakes. You might think that having a whole list dedicated to cupcakes is enough... it's not! So when I laid eyes on these cupcakes I was... "bedazzled", perhaps.

I love a cupcake here and there, the convenience and miniature size just makes me smile. I love the different flavour combinations and the colour, suggesting that there is a whole world full of different coloured cupcake liners, I'm obsessed with these little things... little things that could make a huge, huge difference.

This frosting, inspired by Kamran at Sophisticated Gourmet are wonderful. I bet my pictures can never meet the standards of his photos. Not to mention that he is releasing a new cookbook called Hand Made... I definitely can't wait to get my hands on this book.


These few days have been quite calm, there was not a lot of drama just some lazy days, eating Nutella by the spoonfuls, rain, wind, and walking around with blankets. Quite crazy lazy days. That's why I used a one bowl chocolate cake... one of my favourite all time recipes.

Happy days...

I am hoping to go berry picking this Spring with the family, there will be isles of strawberry, blueberry and currant trees all waiting to be picked. I cant wait. As usual.



Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12

110g plain flour
100g caster sugar
50g natural cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sour cream
45 ml sunflower oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract


85g unsalted butter, melted
40g cocoa powder, sifted
60ml milk
225g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate curls, to decorate

Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with liners of your choice.

In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk in the egg, sour cream, oil and vanilla until all combined. Add in the boiling water 1/4 cup at a time until all combined.

Spoon, 2tbsp full of batter into the prepared tray (I used a cookie scoop). Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked until a skewer comes out clean.

Cool in the tin for 15 minutes then invert to a cooling rack.

To make the frosting, combine the butter, sugar and cocoa powder, add the milk a little at a time, mixing between each addition until all used. Add in the vanilla.

Ice the cool cupcakes using a small spatula, decorated with chocolate curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment