Bosc pear, maple and pecan panna cotta

Yesterday I was blessed with a box of beautiful aromatic Bosc pears (my favourite type) and many ideas ran through me mind. I decided to make poached pairs accompanied with maple panna cotta.
I love poached fruit...I think I got that from my grandmother, but there is something about poached fruits that makes me smile...I  love the aromatic flavour, the tenderness that melts in your mouth at that very moment.

I spent all morning making coconut cookies as my K. (my dad) asked for them, they are his absolute favourites.
I love the touch of acidity that the yogurt brings to the dish which also gives perfect contrast to the dark-deep flavours of the maple syrup and pecans. The poached pears give a lovely hum to the panna cotta.

A bowl of this in front of me would make me smile...

So this is it for now. I will be back shortly with recipes, stories and news...in the mean time what makes you smile? Is it family, your favourite food, laughter or harmony?

Bosc pear, maple and pecan panna cotta
adapted from Cannelle et Vanille

INGREDIENTS:
500mL heavy cream
250g yogurt
150g maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
7g gelatin powder

4 bosc pears, peeled
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean
4 cardamom pods
300g water
150g sugar

chopped pecans for garnish

Place the cream and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin, cool to room temperature. Stir in the yogurt. Pour into the bowls and chill in the refrigerator.

Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the vanilla seeds out. Place vanilla seeds, vanilla bean, pears, cinnamon, cardamom, sugar and water in a large suacepan over medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pears are tender.

Serve the panna cotta with halfed pears, a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped pecans for crunch.

2 comments:

  1. what a wondeful way to use pears! i love it! I think what makes me happy is a sunday bbq with my dear family!

    ReplyDelete